Painting Workshop Retreats with LeeAnn Brook
“The time in your class with such talented painters has been a wonderful gift! I’m learning to lighten up and see where being in the moment takes me (in all parts of my life!). Taking the time to play with colors in a non-judgemental setting has been invaluable! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” –Elaina
2019 Workshops to be Announced
The 2019 workshop retreats will be limited, so make sure to subscribe to my email list for updates.
A heart full and artful journey to Japan with
Miyu Tamamura & LeeAnn Brook
May 16th – May 27th, 2019, 11 nights, 12 days
TRIP LAND COST:
$8,250 per person, double occupancy (for single occupancy, add $500)
Minimum of 10, maximum of 12 participants and LeeAnn & Miyu
Kyoto, Miyama Village, Kinosaki Hotsprings, Tottori, Shimane
• Experience authentic and luxurious traditional Japanese Ryokan for 3 nights and relax in the hot spring waters
• Stay and explore Kyoto, the ancient capital and the cultural mecca
• Visit a master Indigo artist and master Kimono artist in their workshop and gallery
• Beautiful temples, shrines, unique museums and gallery visits throughout our journey
• Explore Adachi Museum of Art for its stunning collection of Japanese art and the spectacular garden
• Hands on Ikebana flower arrangement workshop, tea ceremony class and pottery making workshop taught by masters
• Freshly prepared healthy, seasonal and delicious meals throughout the trip
• Drawing, sketching and watercolor opportunities in the beautiful countryside of Kyoto and throughout our journey
• A special lecture on Japanese art and esthetics by an expert art collector
• Visit one of the oldest established kilns and pottery studios in Kyoto
• Explore festive Nishiki food market and Kitano art and craft market
• Optional trip to the magnificent Miho Museum in Shiga
• 4 star and above accommodations throughout the trip
• Many opportunities to explore Kyoto on your own, walking and shopping!
For more information about the tour or to sign up, contact Miyu at:
email@example.com, (530) 205-8610
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Saturday/Sunday Workshop Retreats
2019 Schedule to Be Announced
All classes are designed to benefit you wherever you are as a painter:
- Work with a professional fine artist in a supportive, fun atmosphere
- Relax with only needing to set up once—leave your supplies out overnight at the workshop
- Have plenty of time to fully develop a painting, or…
- Simply have the time to play and experiment through various exercises
- Demos by instructor
- Review work with a group critique at end of each day
Creativity in Acrylics
Tools on how and where to begin, for all levels
Color Basics To Color Extraordinary!
Ins and outs of color development
Outside the Box Color Development
Pushing the boundaries of what you thought you knew
Not So Still Lifes
A new take on what’s right in front of you
Development of the abstract painting
Collage, texture techniques, exploration
About the Instructor
With two studios located in Nevada City, California, LeeAnn Brook has painted in acrylics for over 40 years and has taught in her workshops for the past 12 years. Her experience as a professional painter brings a unique opportunity for students to learn firsthand. Her demonstrations and one-on-one coaching focus on learning the basics of working in acrylics while covering materials, color, design and technique.
The workshops will take on a unique opportunity where students can experience having a larger block of time dedicated to their work in a 2 day retreat.
Copyright 2019 LeeAnn Brook. No part of these workshops may be copied or reproduced without written consent from the author.