2018 Two Day Painting Workshop Retreats with LeeAnn Brook
“The time in your class with such talented painters has been a wonderful gift! I’m learning to lighten up and see where being in the moment takes me (in all parts of my life!). Taking the time to play with colors in a non-judgemental setting has been invaluable! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” –Elaina
A Saturday/Sunday Workshop Retreat
10 am – 3:00 pm
Nevada City Veterans Hall, 415 N. Pine St., Nevada City, CA
Pre-registration required, class size is limited. Availability on a first-come, first-served basis
Students to supply their own materials in acrylics from list provided
Lodging information is available for out of area students
Pay as you go:
$280 per Two Day Workshop
Payment due 30 days in advance of each workshop
Payment in full due by Dec. 15, 2017
$695 for 3 Two Day Workshops
$995 for all 5 Two Day Workshops
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
All fees are non-refundable
SIGN UPS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 265-6817
With two studios located in Nevada City, California, LeeAnn Brook has painted in acrylics for over 40 years and has taught in her workshops for the past 10 years. Her experience as a professional painter brings a unique opportunity for students to learn firsthand. Her demonstrations and one-on-one coaching focus on learning the basics of working in acrylics while covering materials, color, design and technique.
The workshops will take on a unique opportunity where students can experience having a larger block of time dedicated to their work in a 2 day retreat.
All classes are designed to benefit you wherever you are as a painter:
- Work with a professional fine artist in a supportive, fun atmosphere
- Relax with only needing to set up once—leave your supplies out overnight at the workshop
- Have plenty of time to fully develop a painting, or…
- Simply have the time to play and experiment through various exercises
- Demos by instructor
- Review work with a group critique at end of each day
January 6-7, 2018
Creativity in Acrylics
Tools on how and where to begin, for all levels
For beginners through advanced painters, learn step by step techniques for creating an exciting painting in acrylics. From warm up exercises, concept and design, creating an underpainting, to using glazes, this class will walk you through the basics and beyond of working with acrylics.
- Learn the basics of materials, paint, brushes, mediums and substrates to paint on, including new mediums and inexpensive “tools and tips”
- Exercises in exploring design and composition in new ways
- Working with a blank canvas…changing fear into inspiration
- How to create a Morgue File for future paintings
- Exercises on pushing inspiration further —how to keep the fire burning
February 10-11, 2018
Color Basics To Color Extraordinary!
Ins and outs of color development
The one class you can never take too many times. Learn how to paint with only 4 colors plus white. Understand color value, intensity and heat. See how working with opaque and transparent colors can bring your painting to an entire new level.
- Learn about color mixing, color theory, and how to build a painting
- Exercises in how to change your usual color choices into richer, more meaningful considerations
- How to make a color “move” when painting
- Explore the use of mixed media to “charge” a painting with depth in color
March 24-25, 2017
Outside the Box Color Development
Pushing the boundaries of what you thought you knew
Take the standard colors that you are used to using and set them aside. This class promises to turn your way of looking at color upside down. New approaches for a new way of painting. Exercises to encourage discovery.
- Develop a personal color palette for future work
- Exercises in learning how to find personal inspiration
- Learn how to loosen up with more expressive strokes—from the brush to a palette knife and beyond
April 28-29, 2018
Not So Still Lifes
A new take on what’s right in front of you
Not your mother’s still life painting class. Create a contemporary interpretation of the still life while working from real life objects. Learn how to design a painting that is compelling and fresh. Special attention on light and form around objects.
- Exercises on how to interpret the representational into an abstract
- Loosen up with mixed media applications including collage and texture techniques
- Learn how to go from a lack of direction to a bold statement in your painting
Copyright 2018 LeeAnn Brook. No part of these workshops may be copied or reproduced without written consent from the author.